Disney’s Aulani is a one of a kind family destination resort that will be impossible to leave. I am a person who never likes to go back to the same place twice – there is too much on this planet to see and do to repeat – but I will absolutely be coming back here with my kids! This vacation sticks out in my mind as just being happy and stress-free with my family, filled with lots of laughs, love and joy.
Its a stunning property, with endless activities and entertainment right onsite, in a gorgeous tropical setting where touches of Mickey and Disney magic are everywhere. It is the perfect combination of relaxation for parents and kids longing for Disney & just pure fun, making it one of my favorite resorts ever.
We visited 3 years ago when Emmie was almost 3, and I am itching to get back here within the next two years to bring Easton. It is a perfect spot for kids of all ages -with both great activities for toddlers & older kids. Here are some highlights of what makes this property so special and kid friendly:
- Their beach & lagoon is not only gorgeous and spacious, but is is perfect for your tiniest of toddlers as there are no large waves, making it easy and safe for them to run inbetween the sand and shore.
- Lots of beach activities apart from sand castles, from kayak rentals to games like connect four, making it easy to stay entertained in the sun. Mike and Emmie took a glass bottom kayak out for about 30 minutes and she loved it, even at 2.
- Gorgeous pools with spectacular views.
- Aunty’s Beach House, which is a MAJOR bonus for parents, is a place where kids ages 3-12 can hang out without you, giving you a little adult R&R. Believe it or not, this is INCLUDED in your stay. They have dress up, a playground, character experiences, art and so much more. There are certain times it is open in the morning where you can go with your kids, but if you want to have a dinner just the two of you, drop them off and run!
- Keiki Cove is a cute splash pad where Emmie spent a lot of her time walking around – perfect for toddlers!
- Menehune Bridge is a great splash zone for kids under 48″ tall – Emmie loved it here! Water slides, falling water, bridges to cross. It was a great play spot.
- KA WA‘A – A Lū‘au at Aulani was a great show! This is not included in your stay, but it is a fantastic show & experience. Not to mention it is on property, making it very convenient!
- Rainbow Reef is not only this amazing aquarium right on property where you can view all different kids of fish, but it is Disney’s own private snorkeling site as well. It is great for young kids to introduce them to snorkeling in a calm & relaxed environment. Emmie was too young when we went but I know she will want to go next time!
- Waikolohe Stream offers either a relaxing or thrilling tubing adventure. You can choose to head down a water slide or glide along the lazy river!
- Mo‘olelo Fire Pit Storytelling is a fun nighttime activity for the whole family.
- We got a shaved ice almost everyday to cool down by the pool!
- They offer different craft activities daily – Emmie and I made gorgeous lei’s one day together.
- Pool parties for the kids with Disney characters.
- ‘Ohana Disney Movie Nights is a great way to wind down the evening with the kids while still getting to experience the beauty outdoors!
- Character Breakfast! (need I say more?)
You can see, there is SO much to do on property, making it very convenient for families! The last thing I want to do with a toddler and all of her beach gear is tote her around a bunch of places. Plus, it was completely stress free as I wasn’t trying to plan where we were going next or be on time for another event. We stayed 4 nights at this property, and never left once! We never got bored either as there was always something to do. One day we even got lucky and two pregnant seals beached themselves right in front of us – such an amazing experience.
The rooms were nice and spacious, and having a balcony was a great plus. We would sit on the balcony during naptime and enjoy a cocktail while Emmie slept. We thought we would use it at night too after she went to bed, but we passed out right with her we were so exhausted from the day!
Aulani does not come cheap, but I honestly believe it is worth it. I considered staying at the neighboring property because for the same price as a regular room at Aulani, you could get a two bedroom condo with a kitchen. I am so glad we choose Aulani because of all the activities it offered – we were rarely in the room that it didn’t matter! This place is family paradise and offers a truly remarkable vacation. I honestly can’t wait to return!