My son loves story time, and I LOVE reading to him, mainly because it is the only time he will sit still and cuddle up with me! This kid moves…constantly! We read everyday before nap and bedtime, and I cherish those moments where he sits on my lap and I get to kiss his head.
There are so many great children’s books out there, and we are on no short supply of books, but no matter how many we have, he has his favorites he always picks. Below are the top 5 books he chooses, and the reason why I love them too! These make great gifts for 1st or 2nd birthdays as I am SO over giving toys!
- Do Crocs Kiss? by Salina Yoon
- I LOVE this book because it is lift & flap, giving my son an activity to do while we read, and it goes over animal sounds.
- Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
- Easton love lifting up the flaps to see what animal is underneath! Great for going over animal names.
- Ten Busy Whizzy Bugs by Ruth Galloway
- There are several versions of this book (they make one about penguins), but what is great about it is it goes over numbers and counting. My son loves to count each bug on each page as one flies away!
- Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle
- A classic, and for good reason! Very educational as it goes over animal names and colors, with fun pictures my son loves to look at. It is also a fast moving book for those little ones who don’t sit still long!
- That’s Not My Kitten by Rachel Wells and Fiona Watt
- A great touch and feel book with lots of textures to keep him entertained! There are MANY different versions of this book (robots, dinosaurs, tractors, etc.) so you are bound to find one your child loves.