Packing for a Disney Cruise
Packing is stressful, especially when you have to do it for four people! I was very concerned about packing for our Disney Cruise, especially packing for our toddler as they need so much stuff! While I am no expert, here is how I packed for a 15 month old, 4 year old, and 2 adults for our Disney Cruise to the Bahamas (4 nights).
How many Bags?
- I brought a large carry on over the shoulder bag that could be brought to the beach.
- We brought a small rolling suitcase that we put our first nights clothes in, in case our suitcase didn’t get delivered until after dinner.
- My husband brought his laptop bag in case he needed to work.
- We packed all of our clothes into one large suitcase. Yay! It was a little over 50lbs, but we weren’t flying so it wasn’t a big deal.
- We brought an umbrella stroller on with us. It kept Easton strapped down while we navigated through embarkation.
Packing List for our carry on
- Over the shoulder bag
- Bathing suits
- Rolling Suitcase
- Night 1 clothes
- Extra bathing suit
- Swim diapers
- 2 bottles of wine (Disney now lets you bring in your carry on)
- Mike’s laptop bag
Packing List for our checked suitcases
- Garbage bag for dirty clothes
- I hung this empty garbage bag in the closet on the first day. It was a life saver to have a bag where everything went! I just threw the full bag back into the suitcase when we left.
- Everyone got for clothing:
- 3 swimsuits
- 1 outfit for each day
- 1 dress up dinner outfit
- 3 casual dinner outfits (included a backup for everyone)
- Pirate costume
- Flip flops
- Dress shoes
- Princess Dress
- I brought two she already had, plus a new surprise dress for the Bippity Boppity Boutique. Girls wear princess dresses everywhere! We wore them for our princess meet and greets. Be sure to bring yours!
- Princess Dress shoes
- Character Autograph book
- Lanyard for our key cards
- Water shoes for Easton
- Beach Cover Up
- Easton’s swim floaties (needed for pool and ocean)=
- Bathroom bag
- Curling Iron
- Bedtime books
- Chargers (camera, phone, etc.)
- Book for each of us
- Door decals
- Anti-bacterial wipes (I cleaned the room once we got in before I unpacked! With cruises, you never can be too careful)
- Water bottle
- We brought a plastic water bottle to fill out and carry around with us.
What you don’t need
Don’t waste time or space bringing on these items:
- Towels are provided everywhere – at the pools and on the beach at Castaway Cay.
- We never had any downtown really to play with toys. In our downtime in the room, which was rare, the kids watched a Disney show. My daughter brought one or two of her princesses, but that was it.
What should I wear to dinner?
On a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas, you get pirate night, a dress up night, and two casual nights. You will see extremes on all ends, but here is how I dressed our family. We matched the main crowd pretty well. It is very common to see girls dressed in princess gowns all the time. My daughter wanted to wear them to dinner and since she is 5 and will only want to wear them for so much longer – why not!?